Corecraft has taken a week from posting weekly updates, to posting a new video, showcasing what they have done with the Player vs Player mechanics which they have implemented during closed beta testing.This has included some custom fixes of their own to accommodate for a better private server experience.
Corecraft’s new weekly update post regarding the PvP video they have released can be located here
A more in-depth view on what they have been fixing related to PvP can be viewed below:
(weekly update #3 – source)
Battleground & Arena Queue
The queuing system for battlegrounds and arenas have been rewritten from scratch. The new queue has a very different approach to the problem and should feel a lot more familiar to players whom used to frequent battlegrounds and arenas. Effects the player might notice include:
– You can now re-log without losing your spot in the queue.
– As a group leader you can overwrite other people’s queue without asking them all to leave.
– Usage of correct error & status messages.
– Accidental invite of too many players to one faction. E.g., no more 12 vs 8 warsong gulch matches.
– Individual queues. Such as queuing for “Warsong Gulch 3”.
– Various visual bugs have been fixed (e.g., the “Eastern Kingdoms” queue).
– And more.
Additionally, we have implemented a solution to minimize empty battlegrounds and to prevent players from leaving one battleground for another. While you are in a battleground, you cannot be invited to new battlegrounds, but you will still maintain your position in the queue.
This means that when a new battleground pops up all invited players will actually be waiting to enter a battleground and are much less likely to abandon their invite, which will lead to fewer battlegrounds with an uneven team balance.
Furthermore this will create a natural flow of different battlegrounds. When one battleground ends, those players are more likely to pop another battlegound that they were already in queue for.
Battleground & Arena system
Seeing as mangos is not very modular, the rewriting of the queue ended up in us rewriting a lot more as well. In total, roughly 30% of the battleground & arena system has been rewritten. As a result the system is currently a lot more modular and easy to work with & debug.
(weekly update #4 – source)
Battleground & Arena Queue & Manager
The queuing system we wrote about last week has been completed. For information about it see last week’s post.
Battleground & Arena bugs
We’ve gone through and fixed a bunch of battleground and arena bugs that are related to the actual game (in comparison to our rewrite of the queue & manager, which was for the handling of battlegrounds).
The list of bug fixes are:
– Buffs in WSG (restoration, speed boots & berserker) have had their respawn times fixed.
– The food buffs (restoration) now breaks when you’re attacked by direct attacks.
– The WSG flag bug that occurs if two flags are dropped on the ground simultaneously, and you interact with one of them you end up returning your team’s flag as well as picking up the opposing team’s flag even if they are on different parts of the map, has been fixed.
– The bug where same-faction arena teams were displayed as one big team rather than two on the scoreboard has been fixed.
– When a battleground/arena has ended, people leaving the game in the 2 minutes closing period are no longer removed from the scoreboard as they leave.
– A person who left an arena match before it ended will still be displayed on the scoreboard at the end of the game.
– When attempting a defensive capture of a contested flag in Arathi Basin or Alterac Valley you will no longer be able to complete your capture if that contested flag turns into a fully captured flag of the opposing faction. Instead you will be faced with an “Interrupted” error message once your cap finishes, as was the case in retail.
– The bug where you can sometimes bring up an empty scoreboard in Arena matches has been fixed. The scoreboard is now always disabled until the end of the game.
– The Arena shadow sight buffs have been made to correctly respawn after 90 seconds once they’ve been collected in a game.
– The Arena shadow sight buff is no longer collectable while despawned.
– Picking up the shadow sight buff in arena now breaks your stealth and invisibility.